So that's why I called this quilt "Rescue Puppy", in honour of the visits to the RSPCA we have been making. I started it (the quilt, not the visits) back in October 2010 when I was getting excited about bias strips. And then I got bored, and needed to add more, but didn't want to, and up it went on the shelf of shame and that was that until a couple of weeks ago. I added one more wavy strip then batted it up and hand quilted in big stitch. That was fun! I did some crosses and different things, just for an experiment, and I like the way they turned out.
So there's one puppy rescued from extermination ... and folded up and put in the cupboard. If only the real puppy could be dealt with as easily.