Friday, April 5, 2019

More dyeing

This is a really lovely merino/mohair blend that I've been getting from Ice on super special. For some reason no-one wants cream! Except me, because I make it into pretty colours. This yarn is soft and light and beautiful to work with, but I haven't used it entirely on its own yet. So I thought that I would dye up four variegated skeins to just use together. I was aiming for blue and yellow with a bit of green.



This is the before photo - soaked in vinegar and water, spread out on the glad wrap, ready to pour the dyes on.



This is with the dyes poured on - some mingling. I had both the orange/yellow and a different, more yellowy yellow, that I bought. Much nicer shade.



This is after boiling, sitting, rinsing and resting ... it's green! Almost entirely different shades of green with some yellow and some blue. Not what I was after but I'll take it.



It looks a bit muddy in this photo but I think that was the lighting. I've wound it into balls and you can see the yellow and blue more on the ball. On to the weaving ... who knows what it will turn out like! A mystery.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose that's craft for you. You work with what happens. Or is that just my quilts?

    ReplyDelete