Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Bright dyes!

I took my new colour dyes that I bought (gunmetal grey and sun yellow), and dyed, and wove them. And I think they look fantastic together! Who would have thought it ... but it is super bright. Like the yellow is almost fluorescent.



The warp is the heavier 8 ply from Bendigo, with a bit of the lighter merino blend, and the weft is just the merino blend. Which is such a beautiful wool, it almost feels silky.



And if one bright scarf isn't enough, I had left over yellow so put it with pink! Such pink. The warp pink is a dyed one that I had left over from the sock yarn pink and grey one, and the weft pink is a purchased one from Ice, that is lovely and soft but is far too fragile to use on the warp. I pulled it and it came apart with hardly any pressure at all, so no good for the warp. But isn't it pretty, and so bright!



I'm really fond of both of these. I think I am finding a bit of a voice with the scarves, and what do you know, it's the same solids / simple / brightly coloured voice I have with my quilts. You do you, as my children say to me, in full sarcasm, when I'm being embarrassing.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's all very nice, but what does Marie Kondo think of your possessing 150 lovely scarves that you have no need of because you don't live in Scotland?

    I loved your description of cleaning the bathroom drain. That's why I never do stuff like that. Happily, I'm of the generation that leaves that sort of thing to The Men.

    ReplyDelete