Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Double walk

One of my husband's retirement projects is to complete the centenary trail, which is 145 km around Canberra, but you do it in bits. He started with the kids while they could still be encouraged on walks and now wants to finish it before we leave Canberra. Some of the sections are one way and need two cars so on Saturday we did one of them. It was a lovely day and a pleasant walk but not super exciting landscape. We started in the pines.


And ended by a lake. Another 10 km for him to mark off on his map.

Sunday I went for another walk, not as sparkling, but still nice. Absolutely completely still and wintry with just a few ducks. That house in the distance is where the Governor General lives (site of the infamous SINGING, no, I can't let it go).

In other exciting news, I did the Marie Kondo on my undie drawer. Amazing. We'll see how long it lasts but, as we all know, my cardigan drawer is still a glory of rolled up knitwear after 11 years. Yes, here is a picture of my underwear drawer, on the internet, so sue me.

We also made gyoza for the first time, which we are not very good at, but man it was DELICIOUS. Obviously still some practice needed to make them look good but they tasted incredible. Chicken and cabbage filling.

1 comment:

  1. A forlorn collection of baby turtles on a beach who didn't quite make it?

    ReplyDelete