Sunday, July 7, 2024

Brian Huntress

I was getting sick of pretty things and flowers and soft watercolours ... so I spent a happy few days imitating Brian Huntress. Who is an artist and singer with a weirdly catchy tune that goes "scribble scribble scribble on the page, don't worry about details at this stage, scribble scribble scribble let out your rage" ... and that probably tells you all you need to know about his aesthetic. I had a LOVELY time with this, broke out the crayons and the charcoal sticks and the paint pens and the glue. 


I did a lot of faces, and probably like this one the best, although he looks a bit scary. This is them en masse - an interesting bunch! Some are based on Brian's work and some are just god only knows.


Very good to do, although my faces still don't look much like faces. The proportions are all wrong. They look like the year 7 self-portrait wall.


2 comments:

  1. I like the Australian Picassos though it took me a while to figure out that you hadn't done the coat of arms in the background.

    ReplyDelete