Friday, July 19, 2024

Back on the good lessons

I've talked before about the 'good' lessons that I started with in watercolour back in August 2021 - from Jenny at Northern Beaches Watercolour - absolutely brilliant teacher and such a useful foundation. I wandered off from the lessons in mid-2022 to do all sorts of random stuff but I have just gone back, and they really are good courses. I finished off the few remaining lessons in Level 3. We did some pen and wash of a rock pool. 


And a gum tree. Who knew that a yellow and purple trunk would give you a gum tree at sunset? It seems so unlikely, and yet here it is.


Practising wet into wet with a fallen down shack in the bush. Other people's shacks were not quite so fallen down, but this is how mine ended up.


This is what Jenny calls a 'park tree' i.e. when you need a tree to go into a painting, without worrying too much about what kind of tree it might be, or giving it too much detail. Nice.


As I think I've said before, these lessons are about doing things The Right Way which will give you the Proper Result ... quite different from the random internet videos I usually watch! Much much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment