Monday, November 6, 2023

Weekend at home

I thought it was time I spent a weekend in my actual house, so stayed home and pottered about. We were just thinking we would have to find some buddies and stop being hermits when a friend suggested going out for dinner, so we did, and it was lovely! We even went to a bar for a cocktail beforehand, like grown-ups. And home by normal bedtime, which is also wonderful, at our advanced ages. 

I went for the usual walk on Saturday - back past where I saw the snake and there was a group of people clearing out some sort of tree saplings from the reeds by the creek. There are at least ten people in that photo, if you look closely. I assume some sort of community regeneration group, and good on them, but absolutely not! You could barely see the tops of their hats, there could be anything lurking in the undergrowth, not for me.

I did a bit of tidying up on the weekend and dug back through a tub of random photos ... including the friends we had dinner with. That's me in the back seat, off on some frolic, nearly 27 years ago. Wow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment