Thursday, November 16, 2023

The beach and some sewing

Whoof, it's Thursday already - this week has been busy as anything. I had a lovely extra Friday down the beach last week and it was tough to come home on Sunday - the weather was warm and the surf was great and I sewed a few things and it was altogether delightful! Except for the quest to get a sprinkler for our 'lawn' (mostly dust) - hose fittings are the devil's work. How can we have two taps and three different sets of hose fittings, none of which fit each other or the new sprinkler I bought? I bodgied something up eventually but it was quite frustrating.

As well as lovely swims I sewed a long skirt from some red scuba knit I'd had for ages. I think I originally intended it for a jacket but it is very thick and wouldn't have been easy to sew for anything complex like lapels. This is just a four-gored skirt, no pattern, with a stretchy waistband from the same fabric. It is so heavy that it drapes nicely and is swooshy to wear.

It is very red though, and perhaps a bit much overall, but I wore it anyway - this is the ensemble. At least you can see me coming.

1 comment: