Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Happy New Year

We went down to the beach for a week or two after Christmas - the cat and I spent the whole time there and my husband went up and down, as he felt the urge. The weather was too cold for him to swim (I swam EVERY DAY and yes, that does make me morally superior) and he is having fun in the Canberra garden so we just did what we liked and that makes a perfect holiday.


This photo is typical weather. There were a couple of good days but mostly it was cool, cloudy and rainy. Decent swell though with some big waves. I watched a lot of Netflix and did some weaving as well as read, swam and ate chocolates. And played with the cat ... she just slept and chased bugs. We got a quote for new blinds because the old ones are literally falling apart and did some drive bys of places we might like to live in retirement. Or not live, as the case may be, we are very judgemental.


And now it is back to work - of course the weather has turned glorious with hot sunny Canberra days. I am looking back fondly of my four weeks at the beach I had last year ... but I resolved not to do that again because it was IMPOSSIBLE to go back to work. Honestly, I couldn't do it again, it was too hard. 

1 comment:

  1. That all sounds very lovely. How is the empty nest thing going? I was bereft - I'm still bereft really, which is most pathetic, though fabric has filled the gap somewhat. (Pam)

    ReplyDelete