Thursday, January 12, 2023

Shock of working

As usual in January I am wondering what, when, how and particularly why I work for a living. The weather has turned amazing as I stare out the window at it. At least the kitchen window view is better - the roses are incredible this year due to all the rain and my husband's assiduous gardening efforts. Roses love not being choked by weeds and given some plant food! Who could have imagined. 

They are later than usual this year because summer took a while to arrive. That orange one in particular is a star performer. 

Here is a summery lake shot. We went for a walk on Sunday and it was hot and still with happy Canberrans canberraning away. Walking, biking, having coffee, paddle-boating. Stuff White People Like. And here is the cat being freaked out by my shoes. I haven't worn them since we've had her, and she hated them. I do not know why - they are perfectly fine shoes and she has no problem with my feet normally. Strange.

1 comment:

  1. Because you kept on saying "shoo". We are in the same over-wet scene. I took a picture of my lawn the other day just because it was solid green from fence to fence. I can't remember ever seeing it like that in summer before.

    ReplyDelete