Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Summer, finally

It was a hot week at work and then a lovely hot weekend at the beach - properly summer, at last. I swam and swam and sat around in wet togs and had ice cream. There was a cracking storm that came through late Sunday as I drove home to cool it all down ... bad for driving but good for the garden. The cat stayed at home with her favourite human and did the crossword.

 

I picked number two up from the airport at lunchtime today prior to their NZ adventure - this is the delayed July trip. Brad and I went in October but the kidlets couldn't be away from uni then, so decided to go together in January. They are very much looking forward to it - it's been six years since they were there! From teens to adults, very scary. More scary for the relatives I think, I hope they are expecting two six-foot ginger monsters. 

While I was waiting at the airport there was somebody there welcoming a friend with a sign (normal) and what may possibly be a bass flute (not normal at all). Kind of pointless, even in Canberra's quiet terminal a gently hooting flute is not going to cut it. 

1 comment:

  1. I recognise the look on the cat's face. The word's just on the tip of her tongue... Pam

    ReplyDelete