Friday, December 30, 2022

Merry (second) Christmas

We had a very quiet second Christmas and over to friends for Boxing Day - I think knocking over Christmas on the 21st should happen every year! Makes it all very chill. The museum exhibition wasn't fabulous - lots of wonderful items and the explanations were good but it was just in one big room and felt a bit bitsy. Like it had all been dropped in a space, which we know is really unfortunate given how much thought goes into these types of things, and how many people with PhDs contemplate the thematic groupings. 


But we did thoroughly enjoy our cold drink on the cafe balcony afterwards, with this view of a very serene and empty Christmas Eve Canberra. Just a few go-boats slowly wandering past. Canberra clears out at Christmas as people go back to where they really come from. We walked around the lake on Boxing Day too and it was HOT and STILL. Not a breath of wind, but good to get some exercise. The fountain was completely vertical.

I burned myself making Russian fudge for number two to take back to Melbourne. I put it in the mixer to beat it and turned it up too high so it went up the sides of the bowl and flicked 135 degree fudge (soft ball stage) across the kitchen, including over me. So I had to put it under running cold water while my husband dealt with the fudge and cleaned it off the cupboards. Yay for me .... it was delicious though.

1 comment: