Tuesday, May 3, 2022

It's autumn

Do I post pictures of Canberra's autumn leaves every year? Yes I do, and I will continue to do so, because they are very pretty, and there have to be some upsides to living in one of the world's most boring cities. We have trees. Lots of trees.

I went for a long walk on a beautiful autumnal day on Sunday - admired the leaves, listened to some podcasts, stretched my legs. Saturday was spent turning out a cupboard that hadn't seen the light of day for a while. 

Here is a photo of one shoe - these shoes appeared in a previous blog post back in 2013 and almost the very next time I went to wear them I could only find one shoe. How can a single shoe disappear in my house? I searched, then waited, expecting it to show up. I know I wore two home, I'm not in the habit of leaving them in nightclubs or slung over phone wires. So I have been waiting for this shoe to show up for 9 years and it is time to accept it is never coming back. I threw the single shoe away on the weekend... and I am writing about it here on the blog because we KNOW what is about to happen. Let my prediction be recorded.

Back to something a bit more photogenic, more autumn leaves. Life is a bit quiet at the moment. I tried to see if anyone in my local Buy Nothing group wanted my belly dancing coin belt and no-one did!!!! There must be some middle-aged lady taking up a new pointless hobby. Buy Nothing groups are the circle of life: finally get rid of your baby gear, finally get rid of your lego and k'nex, finally get rid of the stuff you bought for those hobbies you tried for six months ... 

1 comment:

  1. Giggle - just waiting for that next shoe post. Pam

    ReplyDelete