Tuesday, May 17, 2022

A mini break ... and the flu

Unusual for me not to post for ten days, but I have a reason - well two reasons really - a nice two-day mini-break in Adelaide, and then the worst flu I have had in a really really long time. Not covid (we all had it, and all had multiple negative tests) but such a bad flu; three days in bed with fevers and breathlessness and no energy even a week later. Apparently there are some very bad bugs going around, enjoying the lack of immunity from two years of shut-in, and we all copped one. I am a bit annoyed because I had my flu shot the week before, but it probably didn't have enough time to kick in. Maybe? Is that how immunisations work? I really have no idea.

So I'm working from home at the moment, they really don't want me hacking up a lung and I just about didn't make it from the car park to my desk yesterday when I tried going in. Pathetic. My husband worked from home all last week for the same reason (which was lovely because I was bed-ridden and he could bring me drugs) and number one - who had it first - has just gotten back to full activity now. Awful. 

Anyway I will post more about Adelaide because luckily I didn't get properly sick until the last night. Dragging yourself home when you're crook is the absolute worst, and Virgin helpfully cancelled my direct flight so I had two one-hour flights with three hours in Melbourne airport in the middle ... aaargh. Anyway enjoy the photos of my husband with the gang gangs, that have came back for their autumn food, and are super loud and super friendly. And isn't our Manchurian pear lovely this year?

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember seeing it as lovely as that. And that's more gang-gangs in one place than I can recall. No good about the flu. I had my shot yesterday so I had better stay out of crowds till it kicks in. Got my drivers licence too. I didn't realise they had done away with the compulsory practical at 80 and it happens only if your GP thinks you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, poor you. I hope you're soon back to full strength. Pam

    ReplyDelete