Thursday, April 25, 2013

Still not throwing out many shoes

Haven't put any shoe shots up for a while! I have still been wearing different shoes every day, and taking photos, but it's been a short couple of weeks with school holidays and Anzac Day today. I don't really understand Anzac Day, it all seems a bit martial and strange. I'm not sure if it's because it's not such a big deal in NZ, or because I don't have any family history of involvement in wars, or maybe I'm just naturally sceptical. Anyway I don't really want to hear about past battles, and no matter how much they talk about loss and horror and making sure it never happens again, it all comes over as jingoistic after a while.

But back to shoes! These are my go-to shoes that I wear all the time. Black, comfortable, low-heeled, can run for a bus (not that I have been on a bus since 2005, but if the need arises...) So I'm keeping these.


These are terrible $7 shoes from Big W - bright shiny purple plastic flats. I love these shoes. Definitely keeping them.


These shoes require a terrible confession. I bought these shoes IN A CHEMIST.  Yes, I am 95 years old, and I buy my shoes while I'm waiting for a prescription to be filled. Needless to say, they are deliriously comfortable, and I'm keeping them.


And these last shoes are leopard-fur flats, which makes them basically slippers! That I can wear to work! What's not to love about that. Keep.


No comments:

Post a Comment