Thursday, April 28, 2022

Another long weekend

I dropped number two at the airport on Friday lunchtime - I thought the week went very quickly, he thought quite slowly - then headed off to the beach after work. I'd been doing my bosses job for the past two weeks while he was on holiday, so felt entitled to a bottle of bubbly and ice-cream for dinner, which is always a good way to start a weekend. It was sad to wave him off, but he was looking forward to getting back, which is good ... and already had things lined up for that evening! A social whirl. 


I'm still swimming in the sea even though it's starting to get a bit cooler... water temperature is lovely so as long as you stay mostly underwater and avoid the chilly wind it is very pleasant. And then in the evening cold enough for slippers. And the other half of the bottle of bubbly and perhaps melted cheese. And ice cream. 


Number one had a dozen or so people over for a birthday party on Saturday night which I was quite happy to miss (to be honest I don't think I was invited) and we had already gone out for family dinner. It went very well apparently, board games and lots of food. And perhaps a jam session - one of the birthday presents was a proper electric guitar case for our little rock star to take to rehearsals.


I sewed a bit down the coast but made two absolute disasters on day one so gave up and just read books. It was material that had been sitting in the stash for years (and I think was a remnant from someone else's stash even then) so no great loss but still very unmotivating. And then back up the hill to a week of a zoom conference which I am struggling to concentrate on. It's hard not to get distracted.  

Yes Dad, you put the masking fluid on with a brush - it's quite gloopy so you use a cheap brush but if you rub the brush on a scrap of soap beforehand it comes off really easily. And it is quite difficult to see, especially when you put the correct thin layer on, and not my usual dolloping blob. You have to kind of tilt it to catch the light, and even then you can't really tell (as evidenced by my missing bits). My husband has some purple stuff that he uses for painting his models which would be better but we did an experiment and it leaves purple residue on the watercolour paper. Hmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of teenagers having a wild party at which they play board games. Goodness, what has happened to your comment thing? Will this work? Pam

    ReplyDelete