Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Skirt like the other skirt

When I made the stripey circle skirt I was so pleased with myself I made another one in this cool embroidered cotton. It's a border print, and I wanted to show that off, but couldn't really find anything that would be both suitable for quite a firm cotton poplin and have a border. Maybe a sheath dress? Not the kind of thing I would wear, so I ignored the border and just tried to place the pattern pieces so it made some sense with the embroidery.

More shit photography. I moved to number two's empty room in case it made it better, but it didn't. Neither did toe-pointing or holding the skirt out.

But you get the idea. Here is a closeup of the fabric, it's rather lovely. Very red embroidery on a kind of orangey-pink.  Another $16 remnant from Pitt Trading, you never quite know what you're going to get but this was a winner. 

1 comment: