Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Beach, and rain

It looks like the once-in-a-hundred-year floods are coming about every ten years or so, what a shock, and half of Australia is underwater again. Not the half I am in, although we are getting a fair whack of rain. Luckily the beach town is in some kind of good weather bubble, so I had a lovely weekend and had some very pleasant swims. The water temperature is delightful - it won't last long but I enjoy it while it does.

I picked some more stink bugs off the lemon tree. They are full grown now and about a centimetre long and flappy. The damage they do to the leaves is extraordinary - I drowned about a dozen in metho but I'm sure I didn't get them all. But despite the bugs the lemon tree is doing well! Here is when it was first pruned May last year, and then on Sunday.

It must have a super root system, and we did feed it. In other beach town news, remember the falling down house that I was sad to see go, even though it was clearly barely holding together? It sold for $400,000 in 2020 and the new owners did indeed knock it down, then lived in a shed with a couple of little kids while they set the block up .... I thought they were going to build the dream house but no, they sold the empty block last month for $1.2m. Nice work! Probably tax free too, if they were living there.

1 comment: