Friday, March 11, 2022

More rainy rain

So much rain hit the east coast this week - two separate systems making a lot of water - in Canberra just gentle drizzle of course, but we did get a lot of wind with it as the weather sort of sloshed around. While we were at work on Wednesday one of the gum trees on the front path lost a branch - no harm done but I'm glad no-one was under it at the time.


We found out that our new neighbours own a chainsaw, which was very handy. It was slightly blocking the driveway, although you could drive around it.


My husband spent the weekend at the beach being deluged, while I spent a cloudy weekend going for walks and having lunch with friends. This is the High Court, looking particularly severe on a damp grey day. 


I am enjoying the proper watercolour lessons again, and trying to do lots of homework. This was the class exercise - a copy of a painting by Edward Hopper - not originally looking like this but we had to do it in monochrome. Practising our tones! And our lines, this was surprisingly complicated to draw ....  I gave up, printed it on A4 and traced it. So sue me.


2 comments: