Friday, March 4, 2022

Time zones

I attended an excellent small group seminar on parliamentary matters this week - lots of good presentations and discussions - interesting for people who like this type of thing, and I do! The only downside was it was hosted by the UK House of Commons so started at 8 pm and finished after midnight - not exactly my peak brain hours. Day one was fine but by the third evening I was starting to get a bit fuzzy around the edges. Most of the others were European/African but the poor Canadian lady started at 4 am every day, which would be worse than 8 pm I think. Early starts are awful.

So I started work later each day and just stayed until it was done, and took the opportunity before work one day to go through the wardrobe and fill up a couple of bags to donate. Which is why this shirt is appearing - I sewed it last year, but have never wore it and honestly never will. It's a nice broderie cotton but too short and boxy. 

I don't know why I am surprised it's unwearable - it is exactly like the pattern. I could have anticipated this. 

I might make it again just a heap longer, but it would be enormous with that sleeve, even in a very drapey fabric I think it might be a bit of a tent. Sewing fail, but maybe someone will like it. 

1 comment:

  1. Those hours sound diabolical, even with late starts to compensate. I'm glad it was interesting enough to be worth it.

    ReplyDelete