Tuesday, December 14, 2021

A bit tired

We are all getting a bit end-of-the-year tired ... or maybe it's just me. I did some christmas shopping on Sunday and I am NOT crowd-fit at all. It was exhausting and overwhelming and so many people! I mostly just bought stocking stuffers for the kids and various chocolate-related items for work, nothing particularly difficult ... but I still had to have a little lie down at home afterwards. Pathetic.

We put the christmas tree up as well - not that the children were interested - my husband and I did it. Left to myself I wouldn't bother, but it is pretty with the lights, and it was quite nice just to be able to put the ornaments wherever without worrying about pets or children. 

I went for a walk Saturday morning but had to do a slightly shorter version, so walked past where I used to work twenty years ago and they were knocking it down! And, the strangest thing, see where they are knocking over exactly as I walked past, was where I used to sit - up on the fourth floor. How is that for a coincidence, I haven't been down that street for years, and I got the grand finale. It was when I worked for the Audit Office and I HATED it. Soooooooo boring - I think performance auditors are born, not made - and some very odd people. I stopped my walk and watched it all smash into the ground, with much delight. 

Saturday afternoon we went and looked at a house for sale out in the countryside around Canberra. We are thinking that instead of waiting until retirement to get onto acreage we could do it now and buy something close rather than down the coast; we could bear a half hour commute into work for a few years until we retire, and the kids would cope. And then we would still be able to have beach holidays, when we need a break. From our retirement. Anyway the location was absolutely beautiful but the house was unnecessarily fancy and will be well beyond our (pensioner) budget. But there are more modest houses out in that part of the world and we will keep an eye out .... 

1 comment:

  1. Good heavens, that house is enormous - not to say the garages. This, in Edinburgh, would probably cost 3 million. In London - can't imagine. What a lot of cleaning...

    ReplyDelete