Friday, October 2, 2020

Not much going on

Having to spend five consecutive days working has about sucked up all the available energy from this week. We had a day's solid rain, but otherwise very pleasant spring weather. I walked home twice which was lovely (yesterday I got a phone call from a friend who was driving past and saw me - do you want a lift? No, I'm walking. You're WHAT? WHY? Is your car broken? - I do not think my friends have a universal commitment to exercise).

It's school holidays and number two son has spent most days this week down at the National Library studying - which he says is easier than studying at home. His last term's results were good but not as great as he wants, so he's feeling some motivation at the moment. Long may it last. Both boys had to get up early this morning because the bug sprayer was coming at 8 and they had to take the dog out for two hours. We gave them money so they could walk slowly to the bakery and sit and have a bun with the elderly retirees at the local shops. Dog will love it.

I had another job interview here at my work for a different position - it's the first one since my absolute disaster of freezing and blanking last November so I was very nervous - but it was fine. Not pleasant of course, because what job interview is? but I blathered my way through it and that was a huge relief. I thought I might be jinxed to disastrous interviews forever but looks like was just a one-off. Phew. It might be because I'm not 100% sure I want the new job - I very much like my current job - which is a good situation to be in. 

I did some more wool dyeing last weekend for the first time in ages. It was fun! Unfortunately none of my dyeing pans will work on the new induction cooktop so I used the microwave for heating the wool; it works just fine but there's more of an element of guesswork involved. You can't watch the dyebath exhaust in the same way - where the water goes clear - but I just nuke it until it steams and that seems to be working. I'll take photos at some point.

2 comments:

  1. Bug sprayer?? What have I missed???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
    car removal brisbane
    cash for cars sunshine coast

    ReplyDelete