Wednesday, October 14, 2020

A longer walk

On Sunday I finally did the big loop walk - there are a few points on the big loop where I can cut for home, and every time I start out intending not to do that and do the whole loop ... but I don't. Until Sunday, which was sunny but not too hot and I put one little foot in front of the other for about 13 km. Which took 2 hours 45 minutes because I am not speedy. And according to my phone I then did another 2 km around IKEA in the afternoon - I kept forgetting things and having to backtrack....


This is another noxious weed - Patterson's curse - it kills horses. But again, the purple is very pretty, if you're not too worried about your livestock.


This photo is me trying to get a picture of the fluff flying. Happens every year about this time (it's from poplars apparently) and it's pretty. Especially if you don't have to worry about hay fever. But it is also very hard to get a photo of. 

The other thing that usually happens this time of year is Floriade, but it was cancelled. Sad, but they decided to go with "Floriade in the suburbs" which seems to involve little beds of tulips scattered across Canberra. Not a bad idea, if you can't get people together may as well still enjoy the flowers. Speaking of cancellations, the National Folk Festival 2021 has already been cancelled. I am a bit traumatised, I do love the folk festival, but the artists can't come in from overseas and honestly? lots of old people in tents? Very bad idea. The boys kindly offered to host one in the back yard, where I sit on a broken plastic chair and listen to folk music on a speaker and they whinge about the terrible music and sell me $13 gozleme. Bless their hearts. 

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of the word "gozleme" A guzzling problem perhaps?
    Sad the folk festival already cancelled.

    ReplyDelete