Tuesday, August 25, 2020

I went for a SWIM


It snowed in Canberra on the weekend - the usual last extinction burst of winter - but I didn't care because I was down the coast, it was sunny, and I went for a SWIM in the OCEAN. The water was absolutely freezing but I wanted to try out my new wetsuit, which is long sleeved and long legged. It's not a particularly warm one in terms of thickness, but that makes it a lot easier to get into (and even then I struggled, it is not a pretty sight to watch me put it on, and it's quite hideous once I'm in it, think a duvet cover stuffed full of cushions). But it worked like a rocket and it was very very wonderful to be in the water.

I only stayed in about twenty minutes but that wasn't the temperature so much as the lack of waves. The ocean was dead flat - so unusual for our beach. Normally there are surfers here on most tides but look at this, a two-inch swell. At the most. 

I also went for walks, did some sewing, read a book, watched some TV, chatted to the neighbours and picked two bags of lemons. One of the chats was with a neighbour over the road I hadn't met before, but he asked whether we'd mind if he took a ladder over and picked the lemons before they fell and rotted ... help yourself I said! There's no way I can get to the top of the tree. We're going to get it properly pruned after the fruit have finished because it's a lovely tree and should be better cared for.

1 comment:

  1. I can't think what I'd do with two bags of lemons even if Ross weren't allergic to them. Which he is. Do tell.

    ReplyDelete