Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Quilting again

I picked my broken sewing machine up on the weekend - all fixed and good as new. At least as far as I can tell ... it is certainly a lovely machine. My new bargain one had been doing very well, but the Janome is such a powerhouse. Super fast and a lovely straight stitch. I finished up the trip around the world top, but I wasn't feeling very scrappy for the next project, so I thought I would start a medallion. In bright happy colours (I don't know why, I wasn't feeling very bright and happy, but maybe that's the point?). The central squares are printed on the fabric, not pieced by me, it's very straightforward.



So that's the top so far. I probably won't add much more to it, just leave it single bed sized. The weather here hasn't improved much - I went for a run at lunchtime and the apparent temperature was 1.5! Actual temperature was 5, but there was a nasty wind chill even with the fog. Horrible, but luckily for me I have a thick layer of subcutaneous fat and it warmed up in the first two minutes. Short sleeves and short leggings (that is, knee length, I'm not talking short shorts here, that would be revolting) and I was just fine. Yay for blubber.

And I had to catch the bus home because number one son dropped me off at work and took his newly-minted P plates to school. ON MY CAR. I am trying not to be nervous about this, because it means I don't have to pick him up from uni tonight and can stay by the fire ... but still, so much to be nervous about .... MY BABY AND MY CAR.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, very straightforward with all those triangles, hahaha. Hmm.

    I feel for you re the driving. It doesn't get any better as they get older...

    ReplyDelete