Friday, August 2, 2019

A pastel scarf

In the ongoing quest for pastels I think I might have gotten closer ... just a tiny hint of green, and of pink, and the rest cream. And plain cream on the warp as well, in case it was looking a bit vibrant.


This looks a bit wrinkled because the warp is the linen blend, and it certainly holds its body and is not a springy as pure wool.


There is just a hint of green, with a bit of pink, and a couple of points where they blend and it gives a brownier-green (or a brownier-pink, depending). What these photos don't show is that I used two skeins and my dyeing is terribly random. One dyed more green and one dyed more pink so there's a distinct shift in tone about two-thirds of the way down the scarf! Perhaps no-one would notice but me, but I think it's horribly obvious...


No comments:

Post a Comment