Thursday, April 4, 2024

Folk Festival!

Easter snuck up on me this year - too early - but I had bought my early bird season ticket to the folk festival way back in August, so all I had to do was rock up and enjoy four days of wonderful music. My crowd-tolerance has reduced since covid, so I was a bit worried it might be too much, but absolutely not ... lots of old people sitting around quietly as usual. And the music was GREAT, I saw some amazing acts. The photos are not of the amazing acts because dark stages are always terrible photos. Here are 100 Australians doing the nutbush in the hot sun.


After my day job it was nice to be in such an unashamedly left-wing space - much palestine-supporting, billionaire-beheading (just suggestions, no actual billionaires were harmed) and queer-allying going on. As usual some of my favourite shows were unexpected re-arrangements of artists where they dragged up some of the street performers, or young people, onto a bigger stage. The ones below were not on a bigger stage - a random group - I took a photo because they were doing an excellent version of Friday I'm in Love by the Cure on ukeleles by the rubbish bins. 


I caught up with a few friends that I see there every year - saw one of them in the choir below - and tried to stay cool. It was hotter than usual but the weather was glorious. They said crowds were a bit down (cost of living and all) and I could see the lack of queues at the vendors ... except the beer and ice-cream sellers. They did very well. 

1 comment: