Friday, April 19, 2024

Beach and sewing

I spent the weekend at the beach - swimming both days and also doing a bit of sewing. There are many lengths of fabric in the drawers that are really only going to be good for workwear ... so given I only have perhaps a year of working left, I thought I should try and use up whatever I can and get some wear out of it.

This is a very unsatisfying photo of black pants, but trust me they worked out quite well. They are perhaps slightly too wide at the bottom but the fit around the waist and bum is excellent - there is minimal shaping, just two darts at the front, two darts at the back and a zip up the side. I am a bit nervous of limited fit options given the blubber rolls but it was great, the fit at the back in particular is excellent. I will definitely make this again - it was Vogue 9336. I made the skirt as well, in a grey drill, but I haven't worn it yet.

I also turned some very light striped georgette into a top - I bought this material ages ago and haven't found a use for it - too light for pants or even a dress but the stripes make it hard to do a shirt. So I used a very very old Burda pattern for what is manifestly a fat-lady tunic ... nice and long to go over your hips with a bit of a tie to give some shape definition and the rest just hanging like a sack. Perfect.

It was super comfortable to wear. My overlocker is behaving beautifully after I had it serviced (and took some lessons!) so both of these are nice and neat on the inside.

And the beach was lovely too.


1 comment:

  1. Just a sew, sew time at he beach. It all looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete