Wednesday, August 30, 2023

These ones are better

I am marginally happier with this set of paintings. First up, excellently multi-coloured dog shaking off water droplets. I did not think this one would come together until right at the end - it was lots of different colours of swirly bits - but a dog emerged.


And a mossy statue lady with flowers. The flowers aren't at all what they should be, but you can tell they are flowers, which is enough. She looks mostly made of stone, and a lot less frightening than the hat lady.


And some koi underwater with a water lily. I don't think the rocks are quite right but I like the little fish eyes. These were painted on the new fancier canvas that I got from an art store in Melbourne and you can tell it has more tooth. That is what they call the surface I believe, and this one has plenty of it. It's also more of a cream colour than a white, which doesn't make any difference once you've done an underpainting, but you can see it round the edges. I think it's nicer but it's literally four times the price of the other stuff and I don't think it's four times nicer.



1 comment:

  1. I think these are great, especially the white ?lilies.

    ReplyDelete