Monday, August 28, 2023

Adelaide

Another week another city - Adelaide this time for work. Or rather Port Adelaide, which is a few miles out of the CBD on the water, unsurprisingly. I had heard that it was all very gentrified out there now after a reputation for being quite rough ... to which I can only say it must have been rough as GUTS before, because I wouldn't have chosen gentrified as one of my top adjectives. 

There were some lovely older stone buildings, although many of them had people sleeping in the doorways. Sleeping or shouting. Or (oddly) playing Frankie Goes to Hollywood at volume. I went for a bit of a walk to see what was what, avoided the dodgiest looking pubs and ended up having a very very delicious Vietnamese dinner. The water was pretty.

But work went well, and my flights were on time. The hostie on the flight back gave me a large glass tumbler full of wine (I think we were both at the ends of long days) and that helped.

1 comment:

  1. Rough as guts? Never heard that one before. Lol. Glad you had a nice dinner and a nice flight back.

    ReplyDelete