Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Very spring-like

My walk on the weekend had all the parts of spring - wind, sunshine and fluff! The silver birches are in full float, making everyone's eyes itch. Pretty, but impractical, and much cursed by people who suffer from hay fever. Which is not me generally, but this kind of nonsense will make me a bit sneezy.

And the other spring event was a snake on the path! Twenty years of Canberra walking and I've never seen a brown snake out and about, but there was one happily crossing the path at the Jerrabomberra wetlands. Scared the pants off the cyclist coming the other way, who warned me, so I hung back and watched it meander its way into the bush and vanish. Highly venomous but unlikely to bite you if you don't piss it off.

More pictures of fluff. Absolutely no pictures of snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment