Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Proper summer weekend

It was sunny and hot and I swam in the ocean for hours! A proper summer weekend, although a bit late in arriving. It looks like we are buying the dream retirement house so it has been a stressful week of lawyers and banks and endless paperwork ... which is why the very lazy and unproductive weekend at the beach.

It was gorgeous, and hardly anyone there. The water was crystal clear with just an occasional big wave coming through  - lots of optimistic surfers but when they did catch one it was a good one. I trialled my new wetsuit jacket that I bought from Amazon - I would really love to not have a top shipped from the US via an evil megacorporation but does anyone in Australia sell plus size wetsuits? No, they do not. Even if their website says they do, they don't actually ever have any stock, and they think 'plus size' is a size 16. It is not, my skinny friends, it is not.

It was too hot to zip it up until just before you jump into the ocean. And it does zip up, despite appearances. Stopped the windchill beautifully, and makes me easy to spot in case I need rescuing :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's very exciting! Does this mean you're about to retire early?? Or are you just going to own two houses? (You don't look plus size.) Pam

    ReplyDelete