Wednesday, May 12, 2021

The Crisp Crack

I finally finished this solids quilt that I started last July - it got overtaken by weaving then sat in the queue while I got distracted with new things and has now been finally bordered, quilted, bound, photographed (and carefully folded up and put in the cupboard with 400 of its brothers and sisters). This was inspired by Bonnie Hunter's unity quilt along - I didn't follow the quilt along or do the really complex piecing of her beautiful quilt - but I just liked the vibe. Limited colours, stars, triangles... what's not to love.

It is called "The Crisp Crack" because I was watching the latest season of the Great British Bake Off. I can't even remember what had to have it, some kind of biscuit? I have gone and googled it now, which took half an hour because I got distracted into episode by episode reviews and twitter reactions, god people are funny, and I think the florentines required a crisp crack.

It is quilted with an all-over swirl meander because I Couldn't Be Bothered with anything else and I'm still using the $10 IKEA doona covers for the backings...

No comments:

Post a Comment