Saturday, May 8, 2021

More autumn leaves

There aren't many political traditions in Australia - other than a democracy sausage, and of course ousting sitting prime ministers in internal coups - but we do have a budget tree. It's a maple, and when the budget is handed down in the early May it is generally in full glory, and ministers like to do press reviews in front of it. Because it's pretty. 

No filter - true colours - against a grey rainy sky and it is just amazing. Photos can't really do them justice - there are two maples and that yellow one, whatever it is - and it's only one of the many courtyards with beautiful trees in them. Spring is delightful because they've gone heavy on the cherries/prunus/azaleas but I think autumn is my favourite. There's one outside my window that's going a glorious orange but I think photos of that one would breach the media rules... 

I'm posting shots of trees because it's been a quiet week here and I've had the vaccine yucks after the shot on Thursday ... much worse than the flu shot, fevers and chills and tiredness. Better now, and they say the first one is worst with the astra zeneca, which is what I got - so hopefully when I get the second one in July I'll be fine! I just went to a government vaccine hub and they were super organised and efficient,  no waiting, needle in the arm, then cup of tea and a biscuit for fifteen minutes to see if I dropped dead immediately... However I doubt the wisdom of giving someone like me three pages of possible side effects, especially one full page of "Very Common Side Effects". If you tell me I'm going to get something I WILL GET IT, and I did. Yucky.

2 comments:

  1. Not encouraging that scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband got similar side effects first time (I was fine, just saying) but none the second time - the AZ vaccine. So hopefully you'll be the same.

    ReplyDelete