Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Sick and it's raining

I had Thursday and Friday off work with some minor bug that just about everyone in the team has had - tired, aches and pains, upset tummy. We are quite sure it's not corona virus because no fever and no cough, but it was still enough to make me sleep for two days and then feel much better. Strangely it has been raining on and off all week. I'm not complaining but we have been without rain for so long that it feels odd to have things damp, and not be able to do washing.

My husband was in Jakarta all week with work and came back Saturday morning - I felt like putting him through a full Silkwood decontamination but he says Indonesia has had hardly any cases. But airports - espeically international airports - are SO filthy ... he said he used hand sanitiser the whole week but I don't know, that doesn't sound very effective to me.


This is what I spent most of the weekend doing; machine quilting a top from solids that I made ages ago. By Sunday I was getting a bit of cabin fever so we took the boys out for lunch. We have scheduled the kitchen renovation, bought the appliances and booked in the floor people so there is a lot of disturbance in our future. It will be great when it's done but I really don't want to have to live through it.

Other than that I am still having an ongoing fight with the car insurance company because they haven't paid us yet and they are so hopeless and you can't get it touch with them EVER, I have decided to give up alcohol for the next few weeks because I feel fat and unhealthy, and I am sad that I couldn't go to the first choir of the year becasue I was unwell. Pam, that is technically a carport because it is open on one side - walls at the front and left hand side, and the big door at the front goes up and down, or it does in theory, we never bother and I think it might be broken. Something else we have failed to maintain. Not having cars undercover in Canberra is a nightmare - six months of the year you can give yourself third degree burns on the door handles, and the other six months of the year you have to spend five minutes scraping an inch of frost off the windscreen before you can see to drive off. Straya.

1 comment:

  1. Aha. Thank you. Not true of Scotland, though occasionally you have to have a bit of a scrape of frost if you're still working and have to go out before the sun rises. Now, we pensioners just wait till the temperature rises a bit. Ah, the joy of retirement.

    ReplyDelete