Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Burnt beach

I had a lovely quiet weekend at the beach with lots of sewing, lots of walking, and just the one swim. Saturday was cloudy and cool, and the water was very unattractive - the high tide had left masses of seaweed.


Yuck, I'm not going swimming in that. I know it's just like grass but in the sea but I do not like it flapping suspiciously around my legs. 



There was also a high tide mark of burnt wood and ash. Mostly tiny flakes, some sticks and even some large logs. The beaches all up and down the coast had been closed until Friday because of the fires followed by the severe storms, which washed masses of burnt vegetation into the ocean.



Sunday was a beautiful day though - sunny and clear - and the water was also clear of weed so I went for a lovely swim. Before prising my fingers off the sand and the sewing machine and getting myself back up the hill to Canberra to work for a living. So Unfair.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, retirement is definitely better, though I'm so BUSY!

    ReplyDelete