Friday, February 28, 2020

Drinking myself sober

The name of this quilt is from the Lloyd Cole song I was listening to - and nothing to do with my current consumption of alcohol, which is still zero. I will see how long that will last! I like a glass of wine or two in the evening, but I haven't had any for the last couple of weeks and I do sleep better if I don't drink at all. Mind you I might swear off all beverages after spilling a boiling cup of tea on myself at the work farewell morning tea this morning. I had to race out in the middle of the speeches pulling my clothes away from my body and into the loos to try get running cold water onto my bum. Not elegant at all....



So here is the strangely titled "Drinking myself sober". I saw a picture of a quilt very like this - shoo fly alternating with nine patches in prints and solids - and thought it would do for a quick and satisfying scrap quilt. I have an overflowing tub of strip scraps and this used a lot of the 3 1/2 inch strips. And being such big strips it came together quickly.



No border, just binding, and quilted in general swirls. I didn't have time to pin it to the clothes line this morning for photography so made my husband hold it up while everyone was trying to leave the house. He was very good natured about it.



Other than that we are all very happy to be at Friday - it has been a slightly grumpy parliamentary week and another one to come. My dad arrived yesterday from NZ to stay for a couple of weeks which is lovely, and the Canberra Show is on this weekend. Did my husband win yet another ribbon for his model aircraft? Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Satisfying, I can see. Quick?????? Hahahahahahahahaha. Not for me, it wouldn't be.

    ReplyDelete