Monday, June 17, 2019

Strange dyeing, good weaving

The strange multi-coloured dyeing experiment from a couple of weeks ago (where I added the rust) continued to look odd even after I'd dried it ... but it wove up into something quite lovely! Wool is unbelievably forgiving; no matter how unpromising the colours the finished product looks quirky rather than revolting.



I did two scarves with the dyed wool on the warp - the first one had a fine browny-red fluffy alpaca blend on the weft. You can't really see it because it's so fine, but it's soft and lovely and blends in well with the warp.



The second scarf I used a chunkier bright pink wool blend that makes the whole thing super pink! But in a good way.



Here they are side by side by comparison. Both of the plain wefts calm the warp down, but in different ways. I didn't have quite enough for the second scarf so it is a little narrow ....

No comments:

Post a Comment