Thursday, June 20, 2019

I sewed a skirt

I actually sewed two skirts - from the same pattern - when I was down the beach last month, and one of them had its first outing to work today. It is made from a beautiful wool that was part of the haul I got via a work colleague from an elderly Japanese lady who was moving into care.


Lovely, but not very much of it. It would have been great in a jacket but I really only had enough for a fairly simple A-line skirt.



Sorry, terrible photo, but it is actually a nice skirt and quite a flattering cut. It has a wide yoke on the bias, centre back zipper and a gentle A-line. I used McCalls 7022 (view C) which was super simple to put together, and I didn't make many changes at all; just using lining for the yoke facing because I thought double the wool would be too much, and doing a bias binding hem because I had to cut it slightly too short due to the lack of fabric.

And here is the entire ensemble! Black and wool for the Canberra winter.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. (Is there no end to your talents?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi; I just made this out of muslin for practice...yoke is shorter than the skirt by 2 inches on either side on view c...did you run into this issue...

    ReplyDelete