Thursday, May 23, 2019

Variegated wool



I bought eight balls of multi-coloured wool a while ago, and then did the pull test on it, and discovered it wasn't strong enough for a warp. Which is fine, I will use it on wefts ... and I did. And then took some crappy photos just before the suitcase rummage because I was worried that I would sell them all with no record! Hah!

I thought I would start with left over dark and light yarn, in stripes, to see what looked better. There is black, light blue, and cream, and they all look quite cool.



So I did a darker one - this is the leftover Bendigo wool/silk blend in dark red and blue stripes. Different again, although you don't get many of the weft colours coming through.



Then I thought that perhaps I would do a grey warp to really let the variegated colours stand out. I'm not sure if it worked so well.



And lastly two random balls of crochet cotton - yellow of course - that I had in the cupboard. This is actually quite cute in person, although the cotton's not very snuggly.



Have I used up all eight balls? No I have not. Has my enthusiasm for this wool vanished? Yes it has. I am at work again this week, although just showing my face until I take another chunk of leave. It is very very quiet in here but I'm glad I came in to keep things kicking along for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment