Tuesday, May 28, 2019

On it goes

A cold and sleety day today so on with the fire! It is making such a difference with the very bleak grey weather. And I still enjoy lighting it, putting more wood on it, even cleaning the ashes out. We will see how long that lasts. 


I bought some strange bobbly wool from Lincraft on sale - I don't usually bother even looking because it is mostly acrylic and oddly expensive - but this was a 100 gram ball of 100% wool for $4. It looked interesting and was a bargain so I bought it, dyed it fiery yellow and orange and wove it up.


It's strange but I like it. I deliberately did a very fine warp quite far apart, so the weft would draw all the attention, which I think it does. It's very solid, almost like a rug.


I have some more that I've dyed blue and I'm going to make a wider thing, almost like a blanket. 

Other than that not much is going on. I did my week's work and now I have another three weeks off, for what it's worth. I'm going to make sure I leave Canberra a few times otherwise it just gets sucked into an endless whirlpool of boring chores. I traipsed around town today following recommendations on fixing my handbag - but it's not possible apparently. You can't get grease stains out without destroying the leather. So that's a bummer. On the plus side, I went to a vocal workshop on Saturday afternoon - like a group singing lesson for very beginners. I certainly learnt a lot (I didn't even really know how vocal cords work, and now I do) and it was fun to sing in a group. I might find a choir with very low standards....



No comments:

Post a Comment