Monday, May 20, 2019

Ticked one off the list

I only had two must-do things on my leave list - the taxes and repainting the bathroom ceiling. Taxes are done, and the bathroom ceiling is now done too. When we had the ensuite bathroom done in 2013 (and I found the date on this blog, what a wonderful tool for keeping track of the minutiae of my life) the paint job was pretty crappy to be honest. It started peeling and showing mould within a year, and bothered me every time I looked at the bathroom ceiling. Which wasn't all that often luckily.
 

Anyway it gave me a great deal of pleasure to borax the mould off, scrape and sand the flakey paint off, and give two solid coats of proper water-resistant and anti-mould ceiling paint. Ceilings are a bit of a pain because you're looking up the whole time, but it's such a small area it didn't matter. Hopefully I did everything right and it won't start peeling off or growing fungus again, but only time will tell!



We went for a lovely walk around the lake on Sunday. The weather was exquisite, clear and warm, and some of the trees still have autumn colours. We also voted in the federal election on Saturday, where the centre-right party was re-elected against everyone's predictions, including their own. Canberra remains completely left wing of course :)

1 comment:

  1. It would not give me any pleasure to scrape mould off a ceiling, but well done you. Those colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete