Sunday, March 17, 2019

More green and blue

I had a bit of the green and blue left over, so rather than put it back in the cupboard I put it on the warp straight away, and went and found another remotely-similar yarn to use it with. It is green, but that is possibly the only similarity.






It is an alpaca / acrylic blend from Ice, and is a bit fluffy, and a bit scratchy, and quite yellow-green. I thought it might be too fluffy for the warp but it was fine. Perhaps it helped just having it in stripes, along with the blue and green nice wool.






I did all alpaca on the weft. It is fine, but I'm not sure if the colours really go together well. I like the blue and green on their own better. The one below looks a bit too brown - the photo above is more realistic with colours.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment