Saturday, March 9, 2019

Green and blue


I finally used a blue and green I dyed ages ago with food colouring. It is the 50/50 wool acrylic again, so it gives a nice mottled, almost pastel, feel to it.  This is deliberate dyeing - I tried to get the colours of the spring drive back from the coast. Most of the year it is yellow on the ground and grey in the sky, but in spring the ground is actually green, and the sky is actually blue. Sky-blue.


It is two of each on the warp and one of each on the weft, and so blends all together. The colours on their own are quite different. This is a winner in terms of drape and softness - I can never tell from the ball. On a ball it was quite unyielding, but woven up it's much softer. Weird. 


1 comment:

  1. Our ground is always green. Apart from at this moment, when it's (temporarily, I hope) white.

    ReplyDelete