Thursday, March 14, 2019

A long weekend with an extra day

It was the Canberra Day long weekend, so I did the traditionally Canberra thing and left town for the beach. They have fireworks for Canberra Day (Skyfire) but they have to have it the week after the long weekend because nobody is around to see it .... strange but true. So the traffic to and from the beach is appalling, but I got around it by taking an extra day off work, going down on Sunday morning and back Tuesday afternoon. This also gave me an extra day at home to ferry the children to their various social and other engagements.



Monday was overcast but I still had a lovely swim, and did some sewing. There was a little cloud just sitting over our beach. It didn't seem to deter anyone. This is a black and white filter on the photo - isn't it artistic? I thought you might all be a bit sick of boring photos of my beach by now. But it is so pretty I really can't help myself.



This is Tuesday, which was glorious. And incredibly peaceful because everyone had gone home or was back at work or school.... except for lots of happy retired people walking their dogs, or going for bike rides. I heard a burst of noise from one place I was walking past and there was a posse of retired people arriving at each other's house for coffee. Life Goals.



These photos have filters on them as well, although the sea was pretty close to that colour. Just beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I could never get tired of your beach photos. Life Goals indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete