Monday, September 19, 2011

Design floor Monday

I'm laying things out on the "design floor" again ... this is the result of me having slightly pointless fun with scraps again - 16 patch blocks for no apparent reason. I think this was triggered because I was having to jam the scraps bin back into the bookcase, and rather than keep shoving I thought it would be more useful to get sewing!

I sewed until I got bored, and there are 49 blocks, which works out rather nicely if I do a 7 x 7 setting. I must finish off a few tops first though, before I get distracted again. Laying them out was fun; putting the same fabrics next to each other so they blend in a little bit, in a scrappy way. Still plenty of blocks to try and place.


1 comment:

  1. It's a fun quilt and I appreciate the spur of the moment sewing!

    ReplyDelete