Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A blue distraction activity

I'm pottering away on the big broderie perse medallion centre - it's quite fun but a bit fiddly so I tend to wander off into little distraction activities. And I didn't have anything to hand sew, so I pieced this a couple of weeks ago and I've been using it as my evening stitchery (now that Fox8 has decided to play Glee again from the beginning! Yay!!!).

It's pretty small, about forty inches square, and pieced entirely from the scrap box. I tried to control the size of my stitches and get them small and even ... with limited success but on solid fabrics you can see where you've been, and make an attempt to improve. Here's one without the flash to show the quilting.

And a close up. I don't quite know what I'll do with it, but that's not the point ... is it?

1 comment: