Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A bit more normal



This is what I'm working on at the moment - the final border for my big medallion quilt. I think this is the one I'll put in the guild show this year so I'm trying to make sure that the seams meet where they're supposed to and the borders aren't wavy. Not things I usually bother with, so it's a bit more timeconsuming than normal.

So far I think it's all worth it! The central medallion is a reasonably traditional vase of flowers, with various borders. It's not startling but I think when it all comes together it'll be quite pretty? Who knows. My main aim, after the slightly disheartening experience of showing the wobbly quilt last year, is to have something that I'm happy with, but which is not too challenging for the viewing public :). As ever I'm inspired by Gwen Marston - this time her take on classic medallion quilts, particularly using a variety of fabrics. When the borders sit together it should look quite rich and intricate, but at the same time it's a very simple arrangement.

And I plan to hand quilt it, if the eternal blue quilt ever gets done! Up to the borders on that one now, so shouldn't be too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment