Wednesday, September 20, 2023

More vases of flowers

I was quite struck by the Jane Slivka vase of flowers and thought it might be fun to do it bigger - those were all A4 and I also have A3 canvas, so I scaled it up. First we have one very similar to the first one. Splotchly splotches.

I didn't love the bright orange underpainting and then painting the pale blue background over the top - I think there is too much going on. And the whole thing is a bit light. So I did another one where I used the same colour for the underpainting and then the background colour - and made it darker towards the bottom.

Kind of OK, but not enough flower types, so I did one with purple roses.

The roses looked odd - as did the rest of the foliage - so I did another one and tried to get the roses a bit more impressionistic. I wasn't thrilled so added some cherry blossom. My daisies/coneflowers are better on this one.

And that was about the end of the line for the flowers. But I did blu-tack them up to the end of the wardrobes in my sewing room, so now when I walk up the stairs I see this! Pretty, they look good all together.



1 comment: