Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Last of acrylic April

Here are the last two paintings for Acrylic April 2020 - so that means I've done 60 little paintings, all different, with the art sherpa ... so I must have learnt something? Surely? I had a good time, mostly, except when things were going horribly wrong. I am moving onto other artist's tutorials now, and we will see where that takes me. The penultimate one was this galah - she kept calling it a parrot but it is clearly a galah, and trying to paint in the 'jungle' behind it, galahs prefer open woodland for heavens sake - which is OK but its head looks a bit flattened.

Then a storm at sea - I have learnt not to outline the clouds which looks great on hers but terrible on mine. So this is a bit over-dramatic but not the UFO rays of previous paintings. I like the ship, and bits of the wave look vaguely Hokusai, which is nice.

We had a lovely quiet weekend with beautiful spring weather - caught up with friends and went for a walk out the back of their place, which gives a different perspective of Canberra. Off into the mountains, definitely no snow. Not even the ski fields have much snow this year.

And this was their wee happy dog.

1 comment:

  1. I think your paintings look very professional. Not that I know the difference between a parrot and a galah.

    ReplyDelete